BV992 & BV993 Choke Valves
The Blakeborough® BV992 & BV993 Choke valves are versatile medium and severe service choke valves feature cage-guided design for production and separation injection applications due to the ability to fit severe service trims. Trillium Flow Technologies™ offers a full range of control choke valves based on both API and ASME designs according to the specific customer requirements.
The Blakeborough® BV992 & BV993 trim designs are flexible according to the specific applications and fluid content. Trillium Flow Technologies™ has a great deal of experience supplying designs suitable for both high pressure drops and high levels of sand content.
We are often asked to provide specific solutions to unique flow control issues. Where tungsten carbide trims are required, we can offer a high toughness non-collapsible trim. The trim options for choke valves are extensive according to the process conditions.
Trillium Flow Technologies™ can offer single, multi-stage, or severe service trims in hard faced steel, tungsten carbide, or ceramic. The Blakeborough® BV992 & BV993 choke valves have streamlined flow passages to prevent fluid impingement and minimize erosion. The trim is selected to eliminate clogging as appropriate to the fluid contamination. These valves are top entry, which ensures that the valves can be easily serviced without removal from the line. All valve trim components are clamped into the valve, meaning that no special tooling is required for service. Materials offered are either cast or forged to match customer specifications.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Body: Typically angle design with flow over the plug head to increase protection from solid contaminants
- Globe valves can be provided if specifically required
- Streamlined flow passages to prevent abrasion due to contaminated flows
- Cast, forged or hipped body options
- Stable internally guided trim
- Packing design in compliance with ISO 15848-1
- Top entry bonnet, valve can be serviced without removal from the line
- All types
- The Blakeborough® range of choke valves, BV992 & BV9933, will meet the requirements of choke applications in oil production, gas injection, and seawater injection applications where pressure drops of up to 500 bar are common.
- The choke valve is designed and manufactured to meet the requirements of API 6A for Product Specification Levels (PSL) 1, 2, 3 and 4, Material, Temperature, and Performance Ratings. The valve incorporates a complete range of trim designs from standard through to multi-cage manufactured from tungsten carbide or advanced ceramic materials for increased erosion resistance.
- ASME B16.34
- API 6A
- ANSI FCI 70-2
- NACE MR-01-75
- ISO 15848-1
- ASME 150 – ASME 4500
- API 2000 – 15,000 PSI
UPGRADES & ADAPTATIONS
- Non-collapsible trim (brickstopper)
- High toughness carbide trims
- X-Stream™ severe service trim
- Anti clogging geometry
- Sand erosion resistant trim in solid Tungsten Carbide
- Low noise or anti-cavitation trim
- Easy service trim (no screwed components)
- Metallic scraper rings.
SIZE RANGE & DIMENSIONS
- ASME 1” – 12”
- API 1” – 7 1/16”
- Larger sizes available if required.
- 196ºC – 800ºC (-321ºF – 1472ºF)
- Carbon steel
- Super Duplex
- AISI 4130
- AISI 4140
- Inconel 625
- Inconel cladding of valve body/bonnet option available
- 316 & stellite Gr. 6, 316 & stellite Gr. 6 (NACE)
- 17-4 PH & tungsten carbide, with protected seat design
- Duplex st.st./super duplex St.St. & tungsten carbide with protected seat design
- 316 & stellite Gr. 6 (NACE) & tungsten carbide/advanced ceramics
API SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- PSL 1-4 compliance
- PR1, PR2 Testing Compliance