CSSV 3000 COMPACT SINGLE SAFETY VALVE
The SEBIM® Pilot Operated Safety Valve Compact Single Safety Valve (CSSV) is dedicated to protecting circuits from over-pressure.
The SEBIM® CSSV is the successor to the cold solution, which has been in operation since the 1980’s in numerous French pressurized water reactors.
This hot solution design has operated globally since 1995 in VVER and CANDU reactors. The SEBIM® CSSV fits various types of nuclear reactors that require high and low overpressure protection on liquid, steam, gas, and steam/water mix applications.
The CSSV ensures pressure safety and relief. Its autonomous piloting system uses a dedicated and independent pressure impulse source for fluid in the protected process. No external source of energy is needed for operation.
The CSSV has a no-flow piloting system in its compact design. It provides excellent leak tightness, as the disc and nozzle are leak tight up to the point of opening and immediately again after closing. The SEBIM® CSSV system is insensitive to back pressure and is stable, with no mass spring effect.
- Excellent operation irrespective of the type of fluid: steam, gas, liquid, or two-phase
- Non-flowing pilot valve minimizes rate of ageing
- Proven reliability
- Excellent accuracy (better than 1%)
- Repeatability (lower than 1%)
- Soft opening & closing decreases load on surrounding equipment
- Allows for low or high pressure in-situ test during operation for preventative maintenance
- Maintained stability even when flow capacity is below the maximum rate
- No erosion of sealing surfaces; no chattering
- Reduced maintenance
- Low power consumption of the actuator Power supply 48 , 110, 220 V DC/AC IP 65 100% operating factor K1 1E qualified for applications within the containment area of nuclear plants
- Protection against cold overpressure (nuclear vessel protection within the NDTT curve)
- Primary or secondary circuits
- ASME Class 150 – 2500
- All main standards including RCC-M level 1, ASME section III Sub.NB Class 1, OTT, IEEE, NNSA
- Up to 600°C (1100°F)
- 120 T/h – 17 MPa (Sat. Steam) adaptable
- Stainless Steel
- 4” – 16” (DN100 – DN 400)
PRESSURE CLASS & POWER
- From 145 – 2,900 PSI (1 – 20 MPa)