Gate Valves Flexi Wedge Design
We recommend the highly versatile Hopkinsons® Flexi Wedge design as gate valve which is designed for containment isolation duties.
The outstanding feature of the parallel slide design is that of maintaining fluid-tightness without the aid of wedging action. No mechanical stress is exerted between the discs, and there are no problems associated with cool-down of the fluid.
- The Venturi design is used when a slightly higher pressure drop is acceptable. The well established principle of fluid flow through a Venturi is used in order to minimize pressure drop.
- Venturi valves incorporate the design feature of an eye follower. In the fully open position the eye follower bridges the gap between the seats thus giving a smooth flow path and completing the Venturi profile.
- General purpose stop valve
- Main steam and feedwater isolation
- Boiler circulating pump isolation
- The basic design is also incorporated in valves for other duties such as: Feedwater heater protection; Feed pump leak-off; Nuclear Applications (ASME Section III, Class 1, 2 & 3); Oil & Gas applications upstream, midstream, and downstream
- Carbon Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Stainless Steel
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Position indication
- Bonnet overpressure protection
- Seal weld (bolted bonnet)
- Canopy seal (pressure seal)
- Integral bypass arrangements & option
- Instrumented stem
- Gate valves – Flexi wedge design
- Designed for containment isolation duties
- ASME B16.34
- Alternatively, valves can be supplied to other national standards, ASME section IIIRCC-M
- ASME Class 150 to 2500
- 29°C – 620°C (-20°F – 1150°F)
PRESSURE CLASS & POWER RATING
- 80 – 600 mm (3 – 24 inches)