Full Bore & Venturi Parallel Slide Gate
We recommend Hopkinsons® Full Bore & Venturi valves when a gate valve is required for steam or feedwater duty in medium and high pressure ranges.
Full Bore: The outstanding feature of the parallel slide design is that of maintaining fluid-tightness without the aid of wedging action. No mechanical stress is exerted between the discs, and there are no problems associated with cool-down of the fluid.
- The Venturi design is used when a slightly higher pressure drop is acceptable. The well established principle of fluid flow through a Venturi is used in order to minimise pressure drop. Venturi valves incorporate the design feature of an eye follower.
- In the fully open position, the eye follower bridges the gap between the seats thus giving a smooth flow path and completing the Venturi profile.
- General purpose stop valve
- Main steam and feedwater isolation
- Boiler circulating pump isolation
- The basic design is also incorporated in valves for other duties such as: Feedwater heater protection; Feed pump leak-off; Nuclear Applications (ASME Section III, Class 1, 2 & 3) (Described in other publications available on request); Regulating duty with V-ported seat
- ASME Class 150 to 4500
- Carbon Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Stainless Steel
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Fluid tightness achieved by fluid pressure, not from mechanical wedging action thus eliminating thermal binding
- Complete flow isolation in either direction
- Minimum pressure drop
- Freedom from leakage independent of temperature or pressure changes
- Self-aligning fully supported discs
- Inherent self-cleaning action
- In-line maintenance
- Valves can be offered to incorporate features such as quick closure, live loaded gland, double stuffing box with lantern ring and bleed-off point, back seat, seal welded body & cover joint
- ASME B16.34.
- Alternatively, valves can be supplied to other national standards, ASME section IIIRCC-M
SIZE RANGE & DIMENSIONS
- 15 – 1200 mm (0.5 – 48 inches)
- 29°C – 620°C (-20°F – 1150°F)